Millennial EmployeesNovember 25, 2020 11:01 am
Millennial Employees: What do millennials want from an employer?
86 million millennials are now in the workforce, so knowing the answer matters if you want to increase profits and worker retention.
Of course, the millennials have plenty in common with Generation X and Baby Boomers, but where they differ is striking. And according to Gallup, who conducted a comprehensive study into this, the unique demands of the millennial worker are good for business.
So what matters to millennials as employees?
Purpose, not just a paycheck – finding meaning in their work motivates them.
- Development opportunities – it’s not just about job satisfaction, they want to learn and grow.
- Coaches not bosses – they want managers to appraise their performance and support them.
- Ongoing chats not annual reviews – they want feedback on current situations, not occasional reports on past events.
- Focus on strengths – don’t fixate on their weaknesses.
- A job with matching values – they want to work for an organisation that will help bring out the best in them.
This isn’t about caving to the demands of the younger generation but building a brand and work culture that increases profitability.
What matters to you when you’re looking for a job? Follow us on LinkedIn for more content like this! Or browse the other content we have here. Or you can follow us on Twitter for updates everything JMC. @jmclegal
Jason Connolly set up JMC Legal Recruitment in 2016 when he was still in his 20s. JMC Legal quickly established itself as one of the big players in the industry and Jason has also become a well-known fixture in the press, offering advice and support.
This post was written by rubenwildeTags: employees, employer, generations, jmc, jmcpartners, millenials, recruiters, Recruitment, recruitment agency, start your own recruitment agency, start your own recruitment business
Back to Blogs Page