The Elevator PitchSeptember 25, 2020 12:40 pm
The Elevator Pitch, every second counts when it comes to making a good first impression. With CVs, you only have 6 seconds to impress a recruiter before they’ve made a judgment about you.
Yep, as human beings we have lousy attention spans. So how do you make a great first impression? One answer is to perfect your elevator pitch – both in writing and in person.
It’s what you write if you’re emailing a hiring manager for the first time or meeting someone in person and they ask, “what do you do”?
Your response should be compelling and concise. So have a go at writing your pitch and remember to keep it tight, short and simple. Here’s a quick guide for what to include:
- Spark interest and be persuasive
- Know their pain points and how you can be the solution
- Tell them what you bring to the table (without being too boastful)
- Be open and flexible (don’t start saying what you won’t do)
- End with your mission statement (a quick one line to sum up)
- Practice saying it aloud even if it’s an email, so you know it flows
- Keep it to 60-90 seconds (or 2 short paragraphs)
This post was written by rubenwildeTags: entrepreneurs, jmc, jmcpartners, recruiters, Recruitment, recruitment agency, start your own recruitment agency
Categorised in: RecruitmentBack to Blogs Page