Suffer from Workplace Anxiety? Here is our Top TipsSeptember 10, 2020 12:32 pm
Monday morning. We’ve all experienced that feeling on a Sunday when the thought of going into work Monday morning fills us with dread. But for some, work anxiety can overwhelm every day of the week.
I’ve suffered from work anxiety, so I know how debilitating it can be. I’ve learnt how to manage it, but I still have moments. Thankfully, I have some tools I can use to make it easier. So I thought I’d share a few with you here.
- Take a screen break – if you spend hours in front of your computer, stepping away to go for a walk or a cup of tea can give your mind a chance to rest.
- Tell someone – bottling it up can make you feel like you’re about to implode. It doesn’t have to be a colleague, get out your mobile if you need to. Just speak to someone you trust.
- Check your breathing – if you feel a panic attack coming on concentrate on breathing slowly and purposefully.
- Take up an exercise – you don’t have to be an olympian to get the mental benefits. It’s a chance to focus on something positive unrelated to work.
- Write a list – it’s a simple way to break down the tasks you have ahead.
So what tips do you have for anyone struggling with anxiety at work? Get involved and join the conversation with us on LinkedIn 👉
Found this article intersting? – Check out all of our blog/post content here
This post was written by rubenwildeTags: anxiety, jmc, jmcpartners, recruiters, Recruitment, Tips
Categorised in: RecruitmentBack to Blogs Page